How do you scan your negatives?

• Hi everyone. I just wanted to share a resource found on the web. I've been looking for a perfect way to scan my negatives. I've tried even photographing them with a digital camera in a shoe-box with a flashlight, then I got a transparency scanner. I wasn't satisfied with the results of the software that came with the scanner, so I started searching.
    I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5Vrs52im8
    Right now, I adapted that workflow to my own needs and when I'll have the time, I'll write a post with my exact steps in scanning negatives. Also if there's someone interested, I could write a post about the shoe-box method.

• i was used to send my rolls to the lab and get them scanned till i started using a lot of black and white, slide and expired film, i was living in México City and the labs only accepted Colour film... so i started developing on my own and found that the scanning part was missing i took my camera and started to do some ghetto scanning using my bathroom window, then i found a cheap scanner for 35mm and MF (Pacific Image MF Scanner) and i was very pleased with the 35mm scan but the MF option is horrible (very poor resolution) so i se the back light from the scanner to semi ghetto scan my MF negatives.

But then i started shotting 4x5 slide and black and withe and i think that it is a sin to ghetto scan that so i'm thinking in get a Epson Perfection V700 but it costs too much for my hobbist butget

• The first 3 are ghetto scans the last one is a 35mm scan
    20416584945_171748419f_k.jpg 20245927586_f6138a706b_z.jpg 20188283428_7ac868b03c_h.jpg 19806073442_a913a1ea6f_k.jpg

• @surrealcrow
    They look pretty ok. If you have a digital camera and a flash unit you can create a "scanner" from an ordinary card box. I used to scan my negatives like that. I think I still have the box. When I get home, i'll post a picture of it.

• Hello,
    I use my X10 which has a super macro position. By placing the camera on the lens hood I'm at a good distance to focus on the film.

Some pictures of my method on a Flickr album

• I wet scan all of my negatives using an Epson V750, LUMINA Scanning Fluid, and SilverFast. The scans I get are as good and many times much better than what I used to get from the lab. http://www.japancamerahunter.com/2016/11/wet-scanning-your-film/

• @Thierry-Mézenge is there enough light to scan like that? Can you show some color results?

• @63alfred said in How do you scan your negatives?:

I wet scan all of my negatives using an Epson V750, LUMINA Scanning Fluid, and SilverFast. The scans I get are as good and many times much better than what I used to get from the lab. http://www.japancamerahunter.com/2016/11/wet-scanning-your-film/

That's a big read! But thanks for this, will read it! Is really that much difference between dry and wet scans?

Looks like your connection to Onfilm Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.